Paleo Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread (Gluten Free) – naturally sweetened and grain free, this chocolate zucchini bread is secretly healthy but tastes like dessert! With hidden veggies and fruit, it’s an excellent option for breakfast and snacks. Grain and dairy free.
My family is loving this moist, chocolatey, veggie loaded bread. It makes the best sweet snack or breakfast on-the-go and also packs tons of nutrition and protein!
It’s been my mission this summer to teach my kids that breakfast does not have to equal cereal. There are so many other options to start your day! While cereal may seem super convenient, there are plenty of delicious and nutritious choices that are simple and can even be eaten on the go. We’ve eliminated boxed cereal for the most part, but that means getting real creative with breakfast foods so my kids don’t completely rebel. These Paleo Chicken Sausage Frittata Muffins are one of our favorite options. My kids also love homemade muffins and breads and this Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread is no exception. Paired with some fruit and my homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage, you’ve got a complete meal!
This bread is seriously decadent tasting, but is grain free and perfect for gluten or dairy free diets. It also contains no refined sugars and is naturally sweetened with coconut sugar and applesauce. I’m always amazed at how easy it is to modify traditional recipes with very little sacrifice in flavor or texture. This recipe came from my cousin and it was seriously delicious as is. I simply changed it up by substituting coconut oil, coconut sugar, and almond and tapioca flours for the oil, sugar, and flour.
If you like this Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread, you will also love these Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Tips for Making Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Don’t forget to squeeze the excess water out of the zucchini! Skipping this step will result in soggy bread.
- Use these dairy free and Paleo friendly chocolate chips. Or if Paleo compliance isn’t a concern, try regular dark chocolate chips.
- Try making a double batch and freeze one loaf for later.
- Feel free to eliminate the chocolate chips. Or substitute them with fresh or frozen blueberries for a different twist!
Paleo Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread (Gluten Free)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini about 1 medium
- 1/2 cup paleo friendly chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine coconut sugar, oil, applesauce, and eggs. Beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Slowly add to wet mixture and beat well.
- Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips (if using). Pour batter into pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
*this post contains affiliate links