Paleo Pesto Chicken Kabobs (Whole30 Keto) – fresh mixed herb pesto brightens up chicken in this Whole30, Paleo friendly recipe. Super simple recipe for summer time grilling!
These Paleo Pesto Chicken Kabobs are just the right amount of tasty and simple! Chicken breast is marinated in a flavorful Mixed Herb Pesto, grilled to perfection, and can be enjoyed with your favorites side dishes. Just be sure to save some leftovers for lunch the next day!
Because my herb garden has gone completely crazy, I’ve been making and eating this Mixed Herb Pesto on just about everything lately. There is nothing better than fresh from the garden pesto. The bright flavor of the herbs just taste like summer! It’s a great addition to salads, wraps, and pizza, and is the perfect thing to jazz up boring old chicken.
One of my favorite tricks is to make a big batch of the pesto and freeze individual portions in a silicone ice cube tray, then thaw when ready to use. It’s a great way to not let all those fresh herbs go to waste and enjoy fresh from the garden pesto all year long! I love to add it to spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles with some chicken for a Paleo twist on pesto chicken pasta.
I’ve mentioned my love of kabobs before (aka these Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers and Rosemary Dijon Turkey Kabobs) and this recipe is definitely going on the list of favorites. Kabobs are so fun because they can be changed up a thousand different ways with lots of veggie/meat combos. For these Paleo Pesto Chicken Kabobs, I like to add cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and bell peppers.
Tips & Variations for Paleo Pesto Chicken Kabobs
- If you don’t have all the herbs on hand, use just basil or any combo of basil, parsley, and/or cilantro to make the pesto.
- Substitute pine nuts or almonds for the walnuts in the pesto.
- Try this recipe with shrimp instead of chicken!
- For Meal Prep, prepare the Paleo Pesto Chicken, and pack individual servings with cauliflower rice and grilled or roasted veggies.
- Spread the pesto on a salmon fillet and bake.
Pesto Chicken Kabobs (Whole30 Paleo Keto) - fresh mixed herb pesto brightens up chicken in this Whole30 Paleo friendly recipe. Super simple recipe for summer time grilling!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into chunks
- 1/3 -1/2 cup Mixed Herb Pesto see recipe below or link in notes
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- salt and pepper
Make the pesto: in a food processor, combine herbs, walnuts, and garlic. Pulse until combined. Slowly add oil while pulsing, until combined well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Marinate chicken in pesto for at least 30 minutes (up to 2 hours, the longer the better!)
Thread chicken onto skewers, adding cherry tomatoes or other veggies if desired. Place kabobs on heated grill, turning throughout cooking, until chicken is cooked through.
Click here for Mixed Herb Pesto Recipe
If using bamboo skewers, soak in warm water prior for at least 20 minutes to prevent burning.