Pumpkin Oat Waffles
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Pumpkin Oat Waffles (Gluten Free) – These Pumpkin Oat Waffles are a nutritious and tasty twist on traditional waffles. Flourless and gluten free, these waffles provide a nice punch of protein and can be made ahead and frozen for a quick breakfast that the whole family will love!
Although I’m sad to see summer go, I love all the warm, homey flavors of fall…soups and chili, apples and cinnamon, and of course pumpkin! This recipe definitely captures the essence of fall flavors. Pumpkin, oats, and homemade pumpkin pie spice make an awesome flavor combo for these hearty waffles. They are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and perfect for dipping in maple syrup.
How to Make Pumpkin Oat Waffles
Begin by making your Oat Flour. It’s super easy and more economical than buying it from the store. Simply place raw oats into a high speed blender and blend until a flour-like consistency.
Next combine the oat flour with the other dry ingredients. Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Let the batter sit for a few minutes.
Heat your waffle iron and spray with non-stick coconut oil or other cooking spray. I have a large round waffle iron and use about 1/2 cup of batter per waffle. Adjust depending on the size of your waffle iron.
If freezing, let waffles cool, wrap individually, and place in a freezer safe bag. Remove individual waffle when ready and reheat in the toaster.
To serve, top with pure maple syrup or nut butter.
This recipe is wonderfully simple and best of all, nutritious and yummy. I recommend making a batch and freezing the individual portions for a fast and healthy breakfast your kids can pop in the toaster on school mornings. Happy Fall!!
Pumpkin Oat Waffles
- 2 cups oat flour, such as Bob's Red Mill Oat Flour or make your own
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons homemade (or store bought pumpkin pie spice - see recipe in notes below
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk of your choice
- 3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat a waffle iron. In a large bowl, combine oat flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, coconut oil, and pumpkin until smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until moistened.
- Let batter sit for 3-4 minutes. Spray preheated waffle iron with nonstick spray. Pour about 1/2 cup batter onto waffle iron, close, and cook until waffle is crispy and lightly browned.
- To freeze, let waffles cool and wrap individually. Place in a plastic freezer bag. Frozen waffles can popped in the toaster when ready to eat.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here