Quick Instant Pot Meatballs & Marinara (Whole30 Paleo) – this fast family dinner is Whole30 compliant and ready in under 30 minutes!
Meatballs are a huge favorite in my house. For this week’s Instant Pot Monday, I’m sharing this recipe that I’m sure will become a fast family favorite for you as well! These Quick Instant Pot Meatballs & Marinara are gluten free, super simple to make, and taste amazing! Bust out everyone’s favorite appliance and have this tasty meal on the table in under 30 minutes.
Instant Pot Monday is all about easy and simple recipes that are family friendly – meaning they are on the table fast with little fuss and please even the pickiest eaters (is there a better recipe for Monday night dinner or what?) One thing I promise you’ll never find on this website is fancy shmancy meals that have a thousand steps and look too pretty to eat. Not that there’s anything wrong with that! It’s just not my style. While these meatballs might not be the prettiest, I would feed them to guests any day. They are delicious, nutritious, and can feed a crowd.
On a Whole30/Paleo diet, it’s easy to feel deprived of comfort foods. If you’re just starting on a Whole30 journey or Paleo diet, my advice is to include plenty of your favorites that are already compliant or easily made compliant. In my opinion, meatballs and sauce are right up there in the comfort food department and are super easy to modify to make Whole30 compliant. Just substitute almond or coconut flour for breadcrumbs or leave it out altogether. You’ll hardly notice a difference!
I suggest making a big batch of these (double it!) so you have plenty of leftovers! Need more Instant Pot Monday ideas that are also Whole30 compliant? Check out these other favorites:
Quick Instant Pot Meatballs & Marinara (Whole30 Paleo)
Make the Meatballs:
- Combine ground meat, egg, coconut flour, parsley, and salt in a bowl. Using your hands, mix well. Form into 1 inch balls and set aside.
For the Marinara:
- Set your Instant Pot to saute. Add olive oil and garlic, stirring until slightly softened, about 1 minute. Do not let the garlic burn.
- Turn off saute function. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, italian seasoning, and water to the pot. Stir well.
- Drop the meatballs into the sauce. Press down slightly so that the meatballs are submerged in the sauce if needed.
- Seal the lid and set the Manual function for 10 minutes. When cycle is complete, let pot depressurize naturally. Serve meatballs and sauce over spaghetti squash or zoodles for Whole30/Paleo diets.