Quick Instant Pot Potato Cauliflower Mash (Whole30 Paleo) – a simple and delicious 4 ingredient recipe with extra hidden veggies! This creamy blend of potatoes and cauliflower made in the Instant Pot is sure to be a family favorite!
Mashed potatoes are a favorite in our family. When it comes to mashed potatoes, I can polish off several helpings in one sitting and they’re most definitely my favorite part of any Thanksgiving meal. They’re just comfort food embodied to me.
I think because my love of mashed potatoes is so strong, I haven’t been able to jump on the mashed cauliflower train just yet. While it’s all the rage, particularly on Whole30/Paleo plans, cauli mash doesn’t quite do it for me. Also, I’ve tried and failed miserably at converting my kids and husband to mashed cauliflower. So to please this mashed potato-loving-family of mine, I created this potato cauliflower blend and it’s a perfectly delicious combination of the two!
This recipe has the creamy whipped texture of mashed potatoes with hidden cauliflower hanging out in the background. If you’re trying tor reduce your carb load or sneak in some extra veggies, this recipe is your answer. It’s also kid and husband approved!
I can’t forget to mention the best part of this recipe…it’s super fast and easy to make! I toss the potatoes and cauliflower in the Instant Pot with some broth, then mash/whip the mixture with some ghee. It could also be made on the stovetop, I just love the Instant Pot for its quick turnaround time. 🙂
On this September round of Whole30, I’ve been challenging myself to add in some new recipes and foods. Normally I would advise against this because I like to keep things as simple as possible, but some of my old stand-by recipes are getting to be just that…old. This Potato Cauliflower Mash has been a nice alternative to my typical go-to roasted potatoes and riced cauliflower. Serve them as a side to any meat/protein, such as these Rosemary Dijon Turkey Kabobs or Instant Pot Whole Chicken.
Did you try this recipe and love it too? Please leave your rating and review below! And don’t forget to tag your pictures on Instagram!
Quick Instant Pot Potato Cauliflower Mash (Whole30 Paleo)
- 5 medium russet potatoes peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 small cauliflower head cut into chunks
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth egetable broth for vegetarian
- 3 tablespoons ghee or clarified butter or butter for non-Paleo/Whole30
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add potatoes, cauliflower, and broth to the Instant Pot. Seal lid and cook on Manual setting for 5 minutes.
- Quick release pressure when cycle is complete. Remove potatoes and cauliflower from the liquid and place in the bowl of a mixer. Add ghee or butter and salt. Whip until smooth and creamy.
- Alternatively, use a potato masher to mash the potatoes and cauliflower until desired consistency.
*this post contains affiliate links