Quick Paleo Marinara Sauce (Whole30 Keto)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Quick Paleo Marinara Sauce (Whole30 Keto) – easy, delicious, and healthier than jarred sauce. This Quick Paleo Marinara is ready in under 20 minutes! Gluten and Dairy Free.
This is my absolute favorite sauce recipe when I’m in a time crunch for dinner or prepping ahead for the week. It’s quick, fresh tasting, so simple, and perfect with spaghetti squash, pasta, and meatballs.
I love to make this sauce with a batch of these gluten free meatballs for my lunches during the week. It’s a great way to get your comfort food fix while keeping within Paleo/Whole30 guidelines! Served with a big salad and pasta for my family, it’s also a perfect weeknight meal.
Don’t get me wrong, jarred sauce can be very convenient, but often it contains extra added sodium and sugar. If you like to control the sugar and sodium wherever you can as I do, try making your own! This sauce takes no time to prepare and contains only real, whole ingredients.
This Paleo Marinara is not only simple to make, but is also super budget friendly! Stock up on cans of crushed tomatoes when they’re on sale, and make your own Italian seasoning blend to keep on hand. This recipe can be easily doubled – freeze the extra for future meals!
Tips for Quick Paleo Marinara Sauce
Make it a meat sauce version by first browning ground beef, turkey, or Italian sausage in the oil and then adding the remaining ingredients.
Sneak in extra veggies by finely dicing carrots, celery, and onion and cooking in the oil first.
Add a can of diced tomatoes and additional Italian seasoning to make the sauce go even further.
To freeze batches of the sauce, use these stand up bag holders to fill large Ziploc bags. Then lay the bags flat in the freezer to conserve space.
Try this Instant Pot Meatballs and Marinara version!
Quick Paleo Marinara Sauce (Whole30 Paleo)
- 1 teaspoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon homemade italian seasoning blend, see below
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch coconut sugar (omit for Whole30 and Keto), optional
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic, cooking and stirring, for about 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Stir well, cover, and simmer sauce for about 15 minutes. Taste sauce and if desired, add a pinch or two of coconut sugar as needed to cut the acidity of the tomatoes (omit for Whole30/Keto).
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here