Quick Paleo Marinara Sauce (Whole30) – easy, delicious, and healthier than jarred sauce. This Quick Paleo Marinara is ready in under 20 minutes! Gluten and Dairy Free.
This is my absolute favorite recipe when I’m in a time crunch for dinner or prepping ahead for the week. It’s quick, fresh tasting, so simple, and perfect with spaghetti squash, pasta, and meatballs.
I love to make this sauce with a batch of these gluten free meatballs for my lunches during the week. It’s a great way to get your comfort food fix while keeping within Paleo/Whole30 guidelines! Served with a big salad and pasta for my family, it’s also a perfect weeknight meal.
Don’t get me wrong, jarred sauce can be very convenient, but often it contains extra added sodium and sugar. If you like to control the sugar and sodium wherever you can as I do, try making your own! This sauce takes no time to prepare and contains only real, whole ingredients.
This Paleo Marinara is not only simple to make, but will save on your budget too! Stock up on cans of crushed tomatoes when they’re on sale, and make your own Italian seasoning blend to keep on hand. This recipe can be easily doubled – freeze the extra for future meals!
Tips for Quick Paleo Marinara Sauce
- Add cooked ground beef, turkey, or Italian sausage for a meat sauce version.
- Sneak in extra veggies by finely dicing carrots, celery, and onion and cooking in the oil first.
- Add a can of diced tomatoes and additional Italian seasoning to make the sauce go even further.
- Use these stand up bag holders to fill large Ziploc bags for freezing sauce.
- Try this Instant Pot Meatballs and Marinara version!
Quick Paleo Marinara Sauce (Whole30 Paleo)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic, cooking and stirring, for about 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Stir well, cover, and simmer sauce for about 15 minutes. Taste sauce and if desired, add a pinch or two of coconut sugar as needed to cut the acidity of the tomatoes.