Rainbow Veggie Rice (Whole30 Paleo) – this colorful and tasty side is full of nutrition, Whole30 friendly, and kid approved. Paired with your favorite protein, it’s a great way to get your daily dose of veggies!
Looking for the perfect veggie-loaded side dish or a carb/grain alternative? This Rainbow Veggie Rice may be my new favorite thing! In the midst of cleaning out my veggie drawer the other day, I came up with this tasty recipe that even my picky eaters enjoyed.
If you’ve been loving the cauliflower rice trend lately, you’ll go crazy for this rainbow version. With only a tiny bit of prep involved, this dish comes together super quick and makes a great addition to any meal. I found it easiest to chop the peppers, carrots, and onions by hand and use a food processor (this mini one is also great for the job!) for finely chopping the cauliflower and broccoli. Or make it really easy by buying the pre chopped versions found in the freezer section.
With minimal extra seasonings, this Rainbow Veggie Rice can be a great base for other add-ins. While it’s wonderful served along side of your protein, diced chicken, pork, or beef could be added to make it a complete meal on its own. Shrimp would also fabulous!
Are you planning for a round of Whole30 soon? Be sure to include this recipe! Veggies are a huge component of the plan and it’s easy to get bored with the same old standbys. Finding new and fresh ways to cook and serve your veggies keeps it interesting, which is key to success! Head over to my meal plans and prep guides for more Whole30 inspiration.
What to Pair with Rainbow Veggie Rice
- Alongside grilled kabobs, like these Paleo Pesto Chicken Kabobs or Rosemary Dijon Turkey Kabobs
- As a side dish to grilled steak, pork, or shrimp
- Add to soups, such as Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Taco Soup
- Include in your weekly meal prep to add to leftovers for lunches
If you love this recipe, you’ll also enjoy my Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice!
Rainbow Veggie "Rice"
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 2 cups finely chopped cauliflower
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- coconut aminos (optional), for seasoning
- nutritional yeast (optional), for seasoning
- Finely chop all the veggies. For the broccoil and cauliflower, it's easiest to use a food processor.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add carrots and onion and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add peppers and garlic, continuing to cook and stir for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower and cook for 2 minutes, or until all the veggies have softened slightly but are not mushy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Coconut aminos and/or nutritional yeast can also be added for additional flavor.
*Please note this post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for helping to support my blog!