September Whole30 Challenge
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
It’s time to get ready for the September Whole30 Challenge!
Hey Friends! It’s that time of year when we start embracing routine again, and get organized for the end of summer and back to school. No better time than to start a round of Whole30!!
Did summer get the best of you? Around here, it tends to be a time of loose rules, tons of ice cream outings, late nights, and very little healthy meal prep. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE summer…in fact I live for summer! Being from Michigan, I wait for it all year long and am super sad when it’s over.
I may be crying big tears that summer is coming to an end, but I also look forward to returning to our regular routine and getting back on track with healthy planned meals. It feels so good to get organized and eat well again. For me, the best way to reset is through a round of Whole30. It’s the perfect framework for kickstarting those healthy habits, cutting out processed food, and reenergizing!
- It’s a whole lot more than a “diet” or “weight loss program.” Whole30 will teach you to pay attention to the way food makes you feel. Diet plays a HUGE role in our physical health, yet we tend to rely on pharmaceutical fixes when things go wrong. Changing the way you eat can be more powerful and healing than most drugs out there!
- You’ll change your (unhealthy) relationship with food. Instead of turning to food for emotional or entertainment purposes, you will begin to see it as fuel.
- It just makes sense…you can’t go wrong with real, whole foods. Our bodies weren’t designed to eat and digest processed, “food-like” items, yet 90% of what’s in the grocery store is just that.
- You’ll learn what foods don’t work for you and which foods are fine to include in your “food freedom.” The Whole30 plan is not meant to be a permanent diet change. It’s a learning tool for shifting your mindset and understanding how certain foods affect your body. You may find that cheese, chocolate, and wine are not trigger foods for you and can be incorporated into your meal plans in moderation after the 30 days (phew!) Or maybe you discover that soy wreaks havoc on your system after you reintroduce it. It’s about finding that balance and eating for wellness, not just your tastebuds.
- At the end of the 30 days, you will have more energy, will be sleeping better, will have eliminated the bloat, will notice big changes in your skin, and will probably have dropped some pounds.
- It’s only 30 days! Is it hard? Yes and no…yes, you will have ups and downs but no, you’ve probably done a lot harder things in your life than this! And the benefits are immeasurable!
So if you’re contemplating trying Whole30 and looking for some extra resources and support, join me this September! I’ll be posting plenty of Whole30 recipes that are simple and family friendly. I’ll also be sharing my meals on my Insta Stories (for my own accountability!) and maybe even hosting a giveaway or two!
Want to join me?? Here’s what to do (and by the way, this doesn’t cost a thing!):
Start by making sure you are subscribed to my newsletter. You’ll get all the helpful resources and new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Join my private Facebook group for extra support! This will include daily check-ins, free resources, motivation, extra recipes and meal plans, and group support. Consider this group your accountability partner!
Head over to this post on How to Survive a Whole30. It’s my complete guide and includes a sample meal plan, grocery list, and tips for success.
Follow me on Instagram to see my daily food diary and don’t forget to tag me so I can see all the great food you are eating and recipes you are trying!
Get the book, Whole30: The 30 Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom. It has everything you need to know and seriously will be your best friend throughout the month.
A quick disclaimer…I am not a certified Whole30 coach and I am not compensated for promoting this program – this is a free service I am offering because I love the program and want to form a community around this to inspire myself and others! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions or need some extra help. I would love to hear from you! You can reach me through email (email@example.com), Instagram, or Facebook.
I can’t wait to get started! September 3 is Day One!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here