Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Veggies
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Veggies – a one pan meal that is nutritious, flavorful, and ready in under 30 minutes! Juicy chunks of chicken with tender veggies and a homemade Italian seasoning. Easily customizable and Whole30, Paleo, Gluten and Dairy Free.
It’s hard to believer summer is already winding down and back to school is in full swing! With that usually comes busier schedules and less time for preparing meals, but not to worry! With an arsenal of nutritious and easy to make recipes like this Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Veggies on hand, you can easily avoid the stress of getting dinner on the table.
Baked on one pan for easy clean-up, this meal is full of protein-rich chicken, fresh veggies, and bursting with flavor from my Homemade Italian Seasoning. I love the ease of this recipe, the combination of flavors, and that is totally customizable. Try subbing your favorite veggies or even swap the seasoning for a different flavor profile. The options are endless and they are all totally delicious and nutritious.
Why Sheet Pan Meals are the Best
When you want to serve a nutritious meal that is quick, easy to clean up, and doesn’t involve the hassle of making a main dish and multiple sides, sheet pan meals are the answer! If only I had discovered sheet pan dinners year ago when I was working full time and my kids were small! Dinner time always felt rushed and not very “well thought out” during those busy days. After realizing the beauty of this method, I developed a few basic recipes that my family members all loved and have continued to create new versions like this Italian Chicken and Veggies.
To create your own sheet pan dinner, pick your favorite protein, potato/veggie, and seasoning combo and bake it all on one pan! Of course it helps to choose ingredients with similar baking times, but you can also bake the ingredients in stages if needed, i.e. starting with potatoes that take longer to cook and adding meat and veggies later. Check out the recipes listed below for more inspiration!
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
- Olive Oil
- Homemade Italian Seasoning
How to Make Sheet Pan Italian Chicken & Veggies
Begin by preparing a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Toss the chicken, veggies, oil, and seasonings in a large bowl until coated.
Spread the chicken and veggies on the baking sheet in a single layer and bake!
Garnish and serve with fresh parsley and/or parmesan, and add a side of rice if desired.
How to Prepare this Meal in Advance
Preparing the ingredients ahead of time can be a life saver on busy nights. Set yourself up for success by simply chopping the veggies and making the Italian seasoning up to 2-3 days in advance and then throwing it all together when ready to eat. Dinner is served in 20 minutes with zero effort!
More Sheet Pan Meals
Sheet Pan Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Veggies
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 large zucchini, cut into chunks
- 2 bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 8 oz mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 large red onion, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons Homemade Italian Seasoning, see recipe below
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, optional
- fresh grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add chicken, zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, and red onion to a large bowl.
- Pour olive oil over chicken and veggies and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, garlic, and pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and/or fresh grated parmesan if desired.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here