Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp (Whole30 Paleo Keto) – the quickest and easiest method for cooking shrimp in the oven! Bursting with flavor, this Lemon Garlic Shrimp is a simple dinner favorite and ready in under 10 minutes!
Well, it’s no secret I love my sheet pan recipes. I love the ease, the nutritional value, and quick clean up! Some of our favorite meals are cooked on just one pan, packed with protein and veggies, and ready in under 20 minutes. And then recently I discovered this method for cooking shrimp…and all my other sheet pan recipes were put to shame! This Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp is so fast, simple, and delicious, you’ll be adding it to your rotation on a regular basis!
For perfectly cooked shrimp every time, the secret is to bake them in the oven under the broiler! Without fail, the result is pink, tender shrimp done in under 5 minutes with zero effort. For this sheet pan shrimp recipe, I love the lemon and garlic flavors – it’s a classic combo that never gets old! For seasoning the shrimp, any lemon pepper seasoning will do, but I prefer this Organic Lemon Pepper Blend from Real Salt, which is free of preservatives and any added sugars or MSG. This Lemon Garlic Shrimp can be served as a quick appetizer or simple dinner with your favorite sides.
How to Make Oven Baked Shrimp
The fastest and easiest way to cook shrimp is to bake it under the broiler in the oven! It takes only a few minutes and here’s how you do it:
- Preheat your broiler.
- Dry shrimp well with paper towels. This is an essential step to prevent wet, soggy shrimp.
- Toss the shrimp with oil and seasonings. In this case, we’re using lemon pepper seasoning, garlic, and lemon slices. The shrimp can marinate in this mixture for up to an hour if desired, but not necessary.
- Spread the shrimp into an even layer on a baking sheet and cook under the broiler for about 3 minutes. No need to flip the shrimp, it will cook perfectly!
Tips and Variations for Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Always use large raw, peeled and deveined shrimp. Tails on or off is fine, it’s your preference. Smaller shrimp are okay too, but tend to cook quicker so be sure to monitor the cooking time.
I often double this recipe for feeding a family of four. 1 lb is not quite enough to satisfy the shrimp lovers in my family!
Serve as an appetizer or over rice with steamed veggies for a quick and simple dinner.
For grilling, skewer the lemon garlic shrimp and grill over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes, turning once, until pink.
Change the flavor profile if you like! Instead of Lemon Garlic, try one of my Homemade Seasoning Blends for some deliciously flavored shrimp! I especially love the Mediterranean Blend, Cajun Blend, and Italian Blend on shrimp.
Prepare Meal Prep bowls with baked Lemon Garlic Shrimp, white or cauli rice, and steamed broccoli for quick, on-the-go lunches.
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp (Whole30 Paleo Keto)
- 1 lb raw peeled deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Pepper Seasoning I prefer Real Salt brand
- 1/2 lemon sliced
- fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat broiler on oven.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Put the shrimp in a bowl and add remaining ingredients. Toss well.
- Spread the shrimp and lemon slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place 4-5 inches from broiler and cook for 3-4 minutes, just until they have turned pink. There is no need to flip the shrimp. If you are using smaller shrimp, reduce the cooking time.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
*this post may contain affiliate links