Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies (Whole30 Paleo)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies (Whole30 Paleo) – a healthy and super easy dinner recipe of chicken sausage and veggies all baked on one pan! Gluten free, high in protein and fiber, and also great for meal prep!
Easy One-Pan Meals
Sheet pan dinners are probably my favorite way to throw together a nutritious and family friendly meal fast. They are perfect when you’re in a time crunch and can be changed up a thousand different ways depending on what you have on hand. Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies is a family favorite, perfect for busy weeknights, and is also Whole30 approved!
Convenience is a huge factor when I’m planning weeknight meals. Recipes that are quick and easy, yet still delicious and nutritious are winners in my book. Like meals made in my Instant Pot, sheet pan meals are super hands-off – minimal effort and the cooking time is perfect for tackling the to-do list or just taking a breather! They are also a great addition to Meal Prep Sunday. One large meal can be divvied up into smaller portions for quick grab-and-go lunches.
Why I Love Sheet Pan Meals
- Naturally healthy, gluten free, and easily made Whole30 compliant.
- Endless combinations of protein and veggies!
- Fewer dishes and easy clean up.
- Great for cleaning out the fridge/veggie drawer!
- Perfect for Meal Prep.
- Chicken Sausages – (I like Aidell’s brand Chicken Apple Sausage)
- Bell Peppers – I used red and yellow, but any combo/color bell peppers is fine.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes – see note below for potato substitution tips.
- Red Onion
- Broccoli florets
- Brussels Sprouts
- Avocado Oil – olive oil is great too.
- Minced Garlic
- Seasonings – Homemade Seasoned Salt (sea salt, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder)
Variations for Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies
This Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies can easily be customized depending on what’s in your veggie drawer. Feel free to change it up with your favorite veggies but be sure to follow the sheet pan dinner rule of thumb…the trick to a one-pan meal is that the components should require roughly equal baking time. For example, I prefer to use yellow potatoes as opposed to russet or red potatoes because they tend to be softer and will be tender in the same amount of time needed to roast the veggies. If including carrots, be sure to slice them into coins so they cook through. Larger chunks would require more time to cook and your other veggies would likely be overdone. Using a heavy duty extra large sheet pan is also key!
- Try adding one of my other homemade seasoning blends for different flavor combinations – Cajun, Mediterranean, or Italian Seasoning would be delicious!
- For a little kick, add a teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Other veggie additions – green beans, cherry tomatoes, and baby carrots are all great options to add to this meal.
- Sausage options – any pre-cooked sausage will work in this recipe, such as turkey sausage.
- If using a different variety of potato like redskins or sweet potatoes, stagger the bake time by baking them alone for about 10 minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Omit the potatoes if you are eliminating carbs or for a Keto diet.
- Add more sausage and veggies! This recipe is easy to double, and the leftovers make great meal prep lunches.
How to Make One Pan Sausage and Veggies
- Begin by preheating the oven and lining a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the veggies and chicken sausage into bite sized pieces.
- Place the sausage and veggies in a big bowl. Add oil and seasonings and toss well. You can also perform this step right on the sheet pan.
- Spread the veggies and sausage on the sheet pan in an even layer.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the veggies and sausage are tender and beginning to brown.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or white/brown rice.
- Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese before serving.
Can I make this recipe in the Air Fryer?
Yes! The sausage and veggies can be cooked in batches in the Air Fryer at 400 degrees. Check out this post for Air Fryer Kabobs for using this method.
How to store leftovers?
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More One Pan Meals
Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies (Whole30 Paleo)
- 12 ounces chicken apple sausage, cut into chunks, Aidell's brand
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 broccoli crown, chopped
- 2 large yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 4 ounces brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Seasoned Salt, see recipe below
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line an extra large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well. Dump onto the baking sheet and spread into one layer.
- Cook for 19-22 minutes, until veggies are tender and beginning to brown. Serve immediately.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here