Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies (Whole30 Paleo) – a healthy and family friendly dinner of chicken sausage and veggies all baked on one pan! Whole30 approved and also great for meal prep!
Sheet pan dinners are probably my favorite way to throw together a nutritious and family friendly meal fast. They are perfect when you’re in a time crunch and can be changed up a thousand different ways depending on what you have on hand. Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies is one of my family’s favorite combos and is also Whole30 approved!
Convenience is a huge factor when I’m planning weeknight meals. Recipes that are quick and easy, yet still delicious and nutritious are winners in my book. Like meals made in my Instant Pot, sheet pan meals are super hands-off – cooking time is perfect for tackling the to-do list or just taking a breather! They are also a great addition to Meal Prep Sunday. One large meal can be divvied up into smaller portions for quick grab-and-go lunches.
This Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies can easily be customized depending on what’s in your veggie drawer. Feel free to change it up but follow the sheet pan dinner rule of thumb…the trick to a one-pan meal is that the components should require roughly equal baking time. For example, I prefer to use yellow potatoes as opposed to russet or redskins because they tend to be softer and will be tender in the same amount of time needed to roast the veggies. If including carrots, be sure to slice them into coins so they cook through. Larger chunks would require more time to cook and your other veggies would likely be overdone. Using an extra large heavy duty sheet pan is also key!
In addition to being quick and convenient, here are my top reasons I love to include sheet pan meals in my menu planning:
Why I Love Sheet Pan Dinners
Naturally healthy, gluten free, and easily made Whole30 compliant
Fewer dishes and easy clean-up
Great for cleaning out the frig/veggie drawer!
Perfect for Meal Prep
Variations for Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies
Try adding one of my other homemade seasoning blends for different flavor combinations – Cajun, Mediterranean, or Italian would be delicious!
Serve over cauliflower rice (Whole30/Paleo) or white/brown rice
Omit the potatoes for a Keto diet
Add more sausage and veggies! This recipe is easy to double and the leftovers make great meal prep lunches.
Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies (Whole30 Paleo)
- 12 ounces chicken apple sausage, cut into chunks Aidell's brand
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 broccoli crown, chopped
- 2 large yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 4 ounces brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all purpose salt free seasoning blend see recipe below
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line an extra large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well. Dump onto the baking sheet and spread into one layer.
- Cook for 19-22 minutes, until veggies are tender and beginning to brown. Serve immediately.