Sheet Pan Sausage & Shrimp Jambalaya (Whole30 Paleo) – full of big flavor and nutrition, throw this together for a super fast weeknight supper the whole family will enjoy!
It’s hard to believe sheet pan meals are a new thing in my world. Why didn’t I think of this sooner?!? It really is the most convenient way to get a nutritious and tasty dinner on the table fast. And the combinations are endless!
One of our new favorites is this sheet pan take on Jambalaya. While it may not be an authentic jambalaya recipe, it hits all the right notes…sausage, shrimp, peppers, and plenty of spice. Serving it over rice (or cauliflower rice) completes the package.
For Whole30 plans, look for a compliant sausage with no added sugars. There are several brands of chicken and andouille sausage that would work well here. I have also made this with an all-natural turkey sausage with great results.
For this recipe, I made my own Cajun seasoning blend. I love using these Homemade Seasoning Blends to spice up my meals in different ways (and control the sodium level) but feel free to use a store bought Cajun or Creole blend if you prefer.
The ingredients for this meal could easily be prepared and frozen in a large Ziploc bag. Just remove from the freezer in the morning, thaw, and bake for dinner! Better yet, double the recipe, cook one tonight and freeze a batch for later!
Sheet Pan Sausage & Shrimp Jambalaya (Whole30 Paleo)
- 13 oz whole30 compliant chicken or andouille sausage for non whole30/paleo, use smoked turkey sausage
- 16 oz peeled, deveined raw shrimp
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon homemade cajun seasoning (see below)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients on the baking sheet and toss well to coat. Spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once throughout cooking time. Serve over rice or cauliflower rice for Whole30/Paleo.
*this post may contain affiliate links