Easy Lasagna Skillet Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Post updated March 4, 2021.
Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe – Comfort food with easy prep and ready in under 30 minutes. This lightened up, zero fuss skillet lasagna will become a fast family favorite!
If you’re looking for a crowd pleaser, this is it! Hearty and bursting with flavor, this Easy Skillet Lasagna is super simple to make and will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. I love the flavors of lasagna, but a typical baked lasagna is too heavy on the cheese and carbs for my taste. I wanted to make a lightened up version for my family and this recipe fits the bill with just a fraction of the amount of cheese and calories in a typical baked lasagna.
I also love the ease of this meal – no tedious preparation, mess of layered cheese, or torn noodles here! One pan, easy clean up, and this Easy Skillet Lasagna has all the comforting flavors of traditional lasagna with zero fuss.
How to Make Skillet Lasagna
Begin by selecting a very large skillet with a lid. Warm the oil in the skillet and saute the onion and garlic. Next, add the ground beef (I highly recommend using my favorite ButcherBox grass fed beef here) and cook until no longer pink.
Add the pasta, tomatoes, and seasonings. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then cover and cook until pasta is done.
Stir in the parmesan cheese and top with dollops of ricotta and fresh parsley.
Variations on Easy Lasagna Skillet Recipe
Replace the ground beef with ground venison, turkey or chicken.
Cottage cheese can be used in place of the ricotta.
Up the veggies and add diced green peppers or mushrooms with the onions.
Skillet Lasagna Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make This Recipe Gluten Free?
Yes, absolutely! Simply substitute your favorite gluten free pasta.
What Kind of Parmesan and Ricotta Cheese is Best?
I prefer full fat ricotta and freshly grated parmesan. Low fat/no fat cheeses and pre shredded cheese are highly processed, and contain additives and anti caking agents as well as extra sodium. Go for the real thing!
Can I Use Jarred Spaghetti Sauce Instead?
Sure. You can probably skip the seasoning if using a jarred sauce. Just be sure to check nutrition labels if you’re trying to limit sugar and sodium in your diet. Store bought sauce often has hidden sugars and lots of salt! Rao Marinara is my favorite sauce with clean ingredients.
More One Pan Recipes
Easy Lasagna Skillet Recipe
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, see recipe below for homemade
- 10 oz pasta, farfalle or shape of your choice
- 1 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
- In a deep skillet, heat the olive oil and add onion, cooking until slightly browned. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef and italian seasoning to the skillet and cook until meat is browned. Drain off any excess fat.
- Scatter pasta over the beef mixture and pour crushed and diced tomatoes over the pasta.
- Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes or until pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in parmesan and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with dollops of ricotta cheese and fresh parsley.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here