Paleo Cashew Chicken Skillet (Gluten Free)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Paleo Cashew Chicken Skillet (Gluten Free) – a nutritious and tasty, lightened-up takeout meal, ready in only 20 minutes!
Need a quick dinner fix? Instead of calling for Asian takeout, save on all the extra fat and sodium and make your own! This recipe for Paleo Cashew Chicken is a lighter version of one of my favorite restaurant dishes but doesn’t sacrifice flavor one bit.
Customize this recipe with your favorite vegetables or use my time saving trick and buy the pre-bagged stir fry veggies in the produce section! This family friendly dish is ready in about 20 minutes and can be paired with sides according to your preferences. For Paleo diets, serve over cauliflower rice or even on it’s own. For non-Paleo, try serving it over brown rice or rice noodles. My family prefers it mild but I like to add a little hot sauce to mine for some extra kick. Make this a regular on the weeknight rotation!
Tips & Variations for Paleo Cashew Chicken
- Try other add-ins like water chestnuts, broccoli slaw, mushrooms, and celery.
- Make it Whole30 compliant by omitting the honey in the sauce.
- Substitute shrimp for the chicken
- Have everything prepped ahead (chicken and veggies cut, sauce made) for an extra easy throw together meal.
- Add crushed red pepper or sriracha sauce for a spicy version.
Paleo Cashew Chicken (Gluten Free)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 12 oz bag fresh stir fry vegetables
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted cashews
- Make the sauce by combining all ingredients in a bowl or glass measuring cup. Whisk well and set aside. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and saute for 3 minutes, until chicken starts to brown.
- Add red bell pepper and stir fry vegetables to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften slightly.
- Add sauce and cashews to the skillet and stir until sauce begins to thicken, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over cauliflower rice, brown rice, or noodles.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here