Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps & Giveaway!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
This recipe is coming to you from my new favorite cookbook, Skinnytaste Fast and Slow. I am absolutely LOVING this book and everything in it! So much that I had to share this recipe for Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps AND will be giving away a free copy!!! See the bottom of this post to enter the giveaway!
I’m a huge fan of Gina’s blog, Skinnytaste, and her first cookbook, so I’ve been anxiously anticipating the arrival of this book for a while! Her recipes never disappoint and are always healthy and family friendly. In this book, she tackles the issue we all face – finding time to make home cooked meals on a daily basis! All 140 recipes in this book are ready in under 30 minutes (FAST) or made in the slow cooker (SLOW.) If you enjoy really delicious food that is super simple to prepare, you will love this book. It would also make a great Christmas gift for your favorite cook. 🙂
Here is a sample of some of the recipes I can’t wait to try. FAST: Greek Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner, Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll Ups, and Zucchini Meatballs. SLOW: Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup, Slow Cooker Venison Stew, and Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala. I also made the Slow Cooker Turkey, White Bean, and Pumpkin Chili last week and it was fabulous!
Back to this recipe…I love recipes that take favorite comfort foods and lighten them up without sacrificing any flavor. These Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are full of incredible flavor yet light and guilt free. They would be perfect to serve at a party or for a weeknight meal, especially if you are limiting your carbs. I made this Whole30 compliant by substituting Whole30 ranch dressing for the blue cheese dressing (see recipe notes). The shredded buffalo chicken would also be great in tacos or on pizza!
Enter here to win your free copy of Skinnytaste Fast and Slow:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The giveaway is open until November 27, 2016. The giveaway is only open to residents of the US. Winner will be chosen randomly and announced on this post. Winner will be contacted by email and have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
For the Chicken
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium celery stalk
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cayenne pepper sauce (such as Frank's RedHot Original)
For the Blue Cheese Dressing
For the Wraps
- 12 outer lettuce leaves (such as green leaf, red leaf, or iceberg)
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup 2 inch long celery matchsticks (from 2 stalks)
- For the chicken: In a slow cooker, arrange the chicken, celery, onion, and garlic. Pour in enough broth to cover the chicken (add water if the broth isn't enough).
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and discard the liquid and vegetables. Shred the chicken with 2 forks and return it to the slow cooker. Add the hot sauce and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- For the blue cheese dressing: In a blender, combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of the blue cheese, the scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Stir in the remaining blue cheese.
- To serve, put 2 lettuce leaves on each of 6 plates. Place a generous 1/4 cup chicken on each leaf, top with 1 tablespoon carrots, and 1 tablespoon celery, and 1 tablespoon of the dressing.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here