Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chicken Chili (with Instant Pot & Stove Top Instructions)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chicken Chili (Gluten Free) – a hearty chili, full of veggies, protein, and huge flavor! Perfect for family meal time or game day! Includes stovetop and Instant Pot instructions.
It’s hard to believe there was actually a time I thought I didn’t like pumpkin. It was always one of those foods that I just assumed I wouldn’t like, and as a Mom, I’m ashamed to admit I never really gave it a try! But in the last few years, I have finally embraced pumpkin as an ingredient. Who knew all the delicious recipes I was missing out on!
Whether you’re a pumpkin fan or not, you’ll love this chili. It’s the perfect recipe for those pumpkin skeptics out there. This chili has no pumpkin-y flavor, while still reaping all the benefits of pumpkin. Did you know pumpkin is an excellent source of Vitamin A, potassium, and fiber? It adds so much nutrition and richness to this chili!
I love a good dump and forget recipe and this chili is just that! Whether using the slow cooker, Instant Pot, or stovetop, this chicken chili requires very little leg work. One of my favorite shortcuts is to make my seasoning blends in large quantities so they are easy to add to recipes. My Homemade Chili Seasoning Mix is totally versatile and can be used in place of the spices in any chili recipe.
How to Make Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chicken Chili
Start by browning the ground chicken. You can substitute another ground meat such as turkey, if desired.
Add the chicken and all remaining ingredients to a slow cooker. Don’t forget the secret ingredient, cinnamon! This is a must!
Stir it well and set on Low for 6-8 hours (or High for 3-4 hours.)
To make in the Instant Pot or on the stovetop, follow the instructions below.
Enjoy this pumpkin chili with your favorite chili toppings if desired. Shredded cheese, onions, jalapenos, and sour cream are a few options.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chicken Chili Variations
For a Paleo/Whole30 version, omit the beans. You can also substitute the beans with diced zucchini or other veggies.
Use black or red beans in place of the white and pinto beans. Really any variety of canned beans will work.
For a spicier chili, add diced jalapenos.
Use any type of canned diced tomatoes you have on hand such as fire roasted or tomatoes with green chilis.
This Pumpkin Chicken Chili Recipe is:
- High in protein and fiber
- Low in fat
- Easy to make
- Easily customizable based on ingredients you have on hand
- Great for Meal Prep
More Recipes Like This
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chicken Chili (Gluten Free)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 15 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can pure pumpkin
- 15 ounce can pinto beans
- 15 ounce can white beans
- 1 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons homemade chili seasoning, see recipe below
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- Cook the chicken in oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Once browned, drain off any fat and add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir to combine, and cook for 3-4 hours on High or 5-6 hours on Low.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Set pot to saute and cook the chicken in oil until browned. Add remaining ingredients, stir to combine, and seal the lid. Cook on Manual setting for 8 minutes.
Stove Top Instructions
- Cook chicken in oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion and bell peppers and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring well. Bring chili to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
*this post contains affiliate links
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here