Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken Wraps (Whole30 Paleo Keto) – simple and family friendly, these Sesame Chicken Wraps are super flavorful and perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Whole30, Paleo, Keto, and gluten free.
Giveaway Info: head over to my Instagram page for a chance to win a copy of this cookbook!
I finally got my hands on the newest Whole30 Slow Cooker Cookbook and I’m loving it! This latest book is all about slow cooker and Instant pot recipes for making Whole30 cooking that much easier! The recipes in this book are of course perfect for a round of Whole30, but are also great for everyday clean eating and meal planning.
As I do with any new cookbook, I went through and marked all the recipes I wanted to try first. This might be one of my favorite activities (nerd alert!) because I get so excited about new meal ideas. The recipe for Sesame Chicken Wraps jumped out right away because of how simple it was and the short list of ingredients. Also, because I knew it was something the whole family would enjoy. I love a recipe that is easy to make AND family friendly!
To make these Sesame Chicken Wraps, you need only a few ingredients. The sauce is a simple and savory combination of coconut aminos, apple cider, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil. The recipe calls for boneless skinless chicken thighs which I love because they are so budget friendly and great for shredding. Chicken breast could also be used here or even pork.
To serve, the shredded sesame chicken is loaded into lettuce cups and topped with a drizzle of sauce, green onions and sesame seeds. Alternatively, for non-Whole30 eaters in the family, this sesame chicken would be excellent served over rice with a side of broccoli.
How to Make Sesame Chicken Wraps
Add all the sauce ingredients to the slow cooker.
Trim chicken thighs of any extra fat and place in the slow cooker.
Cook on High for 2-3 hours or Low for 6 hours.
Shred the chicken and serve in lettuce cups with green onion and sesame seed garnish.
Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken (Whole30 Paleo Keto)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 leaves butterhead lettuce
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds toasted
- 1/4 cup green onions
- Combine aminos, cider, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes, and garlic in the slow cooker. Whisk well.
- Add chicken to the slow cooker and turn to coat
- Cook on High for 2 1/2-3 hours or Low for 5-6 hours. Transfer chicken to a bowl and use two forks to shred the chicken. Strain the cooking liquid. Add enough cooking liquid to chicken to moisten.
- Serve the chicken in the lettuce leaves, sprinkled with the green onions and sesame seeds.