If you’re a beginner blogger or just thinking about starting a food blog, check out these 5 must-haves. I was able to get my blog off the ground in less than one week using these awesome resources.
- Check out Bluehost to choose and register your website name. Having a sponsored site is crucial. Bluehost is who I use and they are fantastic.
- Sign up for Food Blogger Pro. This is an invaluable tool if you are just starting out. I had NO idea what I was doing on the technical end of things and learned everything from this resource. Included are dozens of tutorials on SEO, social media, WordPress – and all lessons are in video format. Also, there are wonderful networking opportunities with the huge network of Food Bloggers enrolled in this course.
- Install WordPress on your site (Food Blogger Pro includes detailed tutorials on how to do this.) Choose a website design/theme! I really love simple, clean looking sites so I went with one of Station Seven’s themes.
- Tasty Food Photography eBook is an excellent resource if you are an amateur photographer or looking to develop your food photography skills. I was/am a total newbie photographer and learned SO much from this eBook. Click here to visit Pinch of Yum – Tasty Food Photography eBook.
- I also purchased the super informative eBook, ‘How I Made 40K in My First Year of Blogging’, from Chelsea’s Messy Apron. It includes detailed steps and tips to implement right away and immediately begin earning money from your blog! Click here to visit Chelsea Lords.
You are now ready to dive into the crazy world of blogging! Shoot me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. I would love to help!
This page contains affiliate links. For these, I am paid a small commission. This blog is a creative outlet and way to share my love of healthy food… but every little bit helps! 😉