Teriyaki Meatball Broccoli Bowls (Gluten Free)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Teriyaki Meatball Broccoli Bowls – a delicious and healthy alternative to take-out. Recipe makes a double batch of meatballs, perfect for freezing! Includes instructions for making Paleo friendly.
Lately these from scratch meatballs make an appearance almost weekly on our menu. Last week I made Mini Turkey Meatballs and Easy Marinara, and froze half of the meatballs for tonight’s dinner. You could add just about any sauce to transform these meatballs (think BBQ, sweet and sour, Swedish style, etc.) And it makes a HUGE batch, so you should get at least two meals out of one recipe. I love to have them on hand for quick meals. Just pull from the freezer and reheat!
If you’re looking for a gluten free meal that is full of flavor and super comforting, this is it! The homemade teriyaki sauce couldn’t be any easier. Soy, hoisin, rice wine, garlic, ginger, and honey are whisked together, simmered for a few minutes and done…it’s homemade Asian take-out!
To make this meal Paleo friendly, I’ve included some modifications to the sauce in the recipe. Feel free to change it up to your preference! This recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. Because I pre-made the meatballs and froze them, in the time it took to cook the rice and simmer the sauce, dinner was ready!
Teriyaki Meatball Broccoli Bowls
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 3/4 cup almond flour, or breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, or coconut aminos for Paleo
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, omit for Paleo
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, or arrowroot powder
- For the meatballs: combine all ingredients together and form into mini 1 inch balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate the meatballs for at least 15 minutes to set them. Bake for 15 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
- For the sauce: combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Whisk together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes until thickened.
- Place half the meatballs in a large skillet (freeze the other half for a future meal) and pour sauce over the meatballs, reserving 1-2 tablespoons.
- To build bowls, top cooked rice with meatballs, steamed broccoli, and a drizzle of reserved sauce.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here
5 Comments on “Teriyaki Meatball Broccoli Bowls (Gluten Free)”
This recipe looks incredibly tasty! Im a huge fan of Asian takeout as well as meatballs!
I hope you get a chance to try it…thanks for visiting!!
Pingback: A Bunch of Recipes I’ve Been Dying To Make! | The Fifth Life
Pingback: Yummiest Meatball Recipes for Ramadan-Iftar
I just made this tonight and it was so tasty! Only change for next time would be to double the sauce. The meatballs are the best I’ve ever made and I agree they could be used in many different meatball recipes. This is definitely going into my rotation. Thank you!!