Thai Chicken Chopped Salad (Whole30 Paleo) – Crunchy veggies, chicken, and a sweet and tangy lime dressing combine for a tasty and satisfying meal. Whole30 approved!
Spring is finally here and it’s salad season! My must-haves in a good salad are tons of flavor and lots of crunch. This Thai inspired salad with a sweet lime dressing has both and is so simple to whip up. It’s a great choice to make ahead for lunch during the week.
I love the sweet dressing that usually comes with Thai salads, but most are loaded with sugar and/or high fructose corn syrup. To keep this dressing recipe Paleo/Whole30 compliant, I used dates for extra sweetness and it’s delicious! Use your food processor or small blender to make the dressing and keep it in a small mason jar. For individual lunch servings, keep the salad and dressing separate and just combine when ready to eat!
The Tri-Color Slaw mix (Green Giant brand near the bagged lettuces) is a combination of broccoli/cauliflower, slaw, carrots, and red cabbage and provides the perfect amount of crunch and great nutrition. Customize this recipe to your taste – just add what veggies you like/have on hand. Or for something different, substitute shrimp for the chicken.
If you like this salad, you will also love my Asian Chicken Chopped Salad. Enjoy!
Thai Chicken Chopped Salad (Whole30 Paleo)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 2 cups Tri Color Slaw mix (broccoli, cauliflower, red cabbage)
- 1/2 large English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- Prepare the dressing by placing all ingredients in a small food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- For individual make ahead servings, store salad and dressing separately. Toss desired amounts together when ready to eat.