Tomato Herb Quinoa Salad with Goat Cheese (Gluten Free) – fresh herbs, cherry tomatoes, and goat cheese are the perfect compliment to quinoa in this gluten free salad. Great for a barbecue or meal prep.
This Tomato Herb Quinoa Salad with Goat Cheese is a simple and delicious side dish, make ahead lunch, or stand alone meal! I love quinoa salads, especially in the summer when I can cook up a large batch of quinoa and let my veggie and herb garden do the rest!
In this simple recipe, the herbs and lemon juice add a bright freshness while goat cheese provides a touch of creamy indulgence. I used a blend of fresh basil, parsley, and oregano here, which is one of my favorite flavor combos for Mediterranean/Italian inspired meals. The sweet little tomatoes were the star of the show in this recipe and almost too pretty to eat. 😉
Try this with some grilled chicken or fish for dinner. Or make a batch on Sunday and your lunch is prepped for the week!
Variations & Tips for Tomato Herb Quinoa Salad with Goat Cheese
- This salad makes a good base for other add-ins – try bell peppers, cucumbers, olives, radishes, or spinach for example.
- Change it up using other grains such as red quinoa or farro.
- Makes a great side dish for a barbecue – serve with grilled chicken or burgers.
- For Meal Prep, package individual servings with prepped Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers or shrimp.
- Substitute feta cheese for the goat cheese and add Kalamata olives for a Greek inspired quinoa salad.
Tomato Herb Quinoa Salad with Goat Cheese (Gluten Free)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 Tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (I used basil, parsley, and oregano)
- In a medium bowl, combine quinoa, tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Stir in fresh herbs and goat cheese. Chill until ready to serve.