Turkey Zucchini Burgers (Whole30 Paleo Keto) – Just 2 ingredients in this freezer friendly recipe! Hidden veggies make these burgers super juicy and tasty. Healthy and budget friendly too! Whole30, Paleo, Keto, and Gluten Free.
These Turkey Zucchini Burgers are my secret to healthy and economical summertime grilling. This recipe makes a HUGE batch of patties for your freezer that are ready for whenever you get a turkey burger craving!
I season ground turkey and shredded zucchini with only salt and pepper, form into patties and freeze them for later use. This recipe is so budget friendly – I made about 16 patties from 3 lbs of ground turkey that I got on sale and 1 large zucchini (free from my garden). That’s about 50 cents per burger! Compare that to pre-made patties from the store and you are saving big time!
No worries if you’re like me and forget to pull your dinner from the freezer ahead of time…for a really speedy dinner, these Turkey Zucchini Burgers are best thrown on the grill still partially frozen. Just give them a few extra minutes of grilling time.
This is another excellent use for all that zucchini going crazy in your garden. These burgers are so juicy and tasty…kids won’t even notice there are extra veggies hidden away in their burger! I like mine topped with tomato, lots of guac, or this Homemade Whole30 Barbecue Sauce. And if you’re trying to limit sugar in your diet, but still want to enjoy ketchup on your burger, check out this Whole30/Paleo compliant version.
Tips for Turkey Zucchini Burgers
- For more ideas on sneaking veggies into your favorite foods, check out these Zucchini Applesauce Muffins and Whole30 Chicken Zucchini Poppers.
- Make these with your weekly Meal Prep and freeze for dinner later in the week or grill up a big batch for easy lunches.
- Try adding my homemade seasoning blends for different flavor variations, like Cajun, Italian, and Mediterranean burgers.
- Use ground chicken in place of turkey if desired.
Turkey Zucchini Burgers
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cups shredded zucchini about 1 large
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Form into patties and place on a large baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Place in freezer until frozen through. Store frozen patties in a freezer bag until ready to use.
- To cook, grill thawed or frozen burgers over medium high heat until cooked through.
*this post may contain affiliate links