Vegan Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites – flourless, gluten free, and vegan, these cute mini cookie bites are naturally sweetened and totally delicious!
Although I didn’t set out to develop a vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe, I think we have a winner! These Vegan Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites are flourless, gluten free, egg/dairy free, and low in sugar and fat. And they are delicious!! What?!? If you’re thinking they can’t possibly taste good and be all of those things, think again! My family gobbled them up without even knowing all of the healthy secrets in this recipe. 😉
Chickpeas are the secret ingredient in this recipe. I’ve seen plenty of baked goods recipes using chickpeas but never tried it. I have to say I was really pleasantly surprised with the end result. These mini bites have a soft, muffin-like texture and taste just like a traditional chocolate chip cookie. To keep this recipe vegan and gluten free, I used vegan chocolate chips and gluten free oats. If you’re not concerned about this, feel free to use the standard versions of these ingredients.
These little yummies are the perfect grab and go breakfast, lunchbox treat, or afternoon snack. Only 70 calories each and totally guilt free!
Vegan Mini Chocolate Chip Bites
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar I prefer Madhava brand
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup mini vegan chocolate chips or regular for non-vegan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 24 cup mini cupcake pan with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips. Pulse until mixture reaches a smooth consistency. Scoop mixture into a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of cookie batter into each muffin cup. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove cookie bites from pan and cool on a cooling rack.