White Chicken Chili
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
White Chicken Chili – a classic favorite with chicken, white beans, and plenty of veggies and spice. Creamy, comforting, and nutritious!
Okay, so I’m totally aware that there are thousands of White Chicken Chili recipes out there. Everyone has their favorite, right? Well this one is mine! Adapted slightly from an old family recipe, this version is lightened up a bit but without sacrificing any of the thick creamy texture or flavor.
Packed with white beans, chunks of chicken, veggies, and warm cumin spice, this chili is homey and comforting and always hits the spot. I lightened it up slightly by substituting lite coconut milk for heavy cream and it’s perfect. This is such a great swap…if you’re trying to cut out dairy or processed foods, use coconut milk in your creamy soups. You won’t notice a difference in taste!
With the season changing to fall, I am craving soups and chili constantly! Although I love soup enough to eat it all year long, it is especially satisfying when the weather cools down. I have many recipes on rotation that I make ahead for lunch throughout the week, including this Detox Turmeric Veggie Soup and Vegetarian Lentil Chili.
These are my favorite glass soup bowls for meal prepping and portioning out lunch servings of soup. Unfortunately, this White Chicken Chili doesn’t usually last long enough for lunch leftovers – my family devours it every time!
Make this on a chilly night and serve with your favorite toppings or tortilla chips. Happy Chili Season 🙂
White Chicken Chili
- 2-3 teaspoons olive or avocado oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 cups diced bell peppers (about 2 peppers)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 2 14 oz cans great northern beans
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium high heat. Add chicken breast, season with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink. Set chicken aside.
- Place remaining oil in the pot and add the onion, celery, and peppers. Cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook additional 1 minute.
- Add spices and flour, stirring well. Cook for about 30 seconds. Whisk in the coconut milk, until thickened. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat.
- Add the beans, broth, and chicken to the pot. Stir well and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here