Whole30 Baked Fries with Chili Ranch Fry Sauce (Whole30 Paleo)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Whole30 Baked Fries with Chili Ranch Fry Sauce (Whole30 Paleo) – a winning combo of crispy baked fries and flavor packed dipping sauce that is Whole30 compliant!
If I could say just one positive thing about Whole30, it’s that the food is honestly so GOOD. Whole foods and healthy fats, the cornerstones of Whole30, are pretty darn tasty! Of course, if you’re a sugar fiend, you’re going to miss it, but with snacks like these Whole30 Baked Fries and Chili Ranch Fry Sauce, it’s hard to feel deprived.
One of my family’s favorite meals on our recent round of Whole30 was burgers and fries. Burger patties with all the toppings and a side of oven baked fries always hits the spot! I made these fries pretty often because they are so simple and a family favorite. My surefire method for getting the fries nice and crispy is to blot them dry really well after slicing. They also need lots of room on the pan, so no overcrowding! In no time, you can have a tasty side dish or snack that tastes like pure comfort food.
The Chili Ranch Fry Sauce is totally optional, but so worth it. I highly recommend making your own Whole30 mayo for the fry sauce, but you can save on time and purchase this brand as well. It’s also great on burgers or as a veggie dip!
These fries are so good, they’ve earned a permanent spot in our menu rotation. After our January Whole30, we have continued to eat on plan about 80% of the time. The best is when my kids are eating on plan and don’t even realize it! What’s your favorite Whole30 comfort food?
Whole30 Baked Fries with Chili Ranch Fry Sauce
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all purpose seasoning, see recipe below
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Chili Ranch Fry Sauce
- 3/4 cup Whole30 mayo, store bought or see recipe below
- 3/4 teaspoon homemade ranch seasoning, see recipe below
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel potatoes and cut into thin wedges. Place on paper towels and dry thoroughly. (Do NOT skip this step! Removing the moisture from the potatoes helps the potatoes cook up crispy.)
- Add potatoes, oil, and seasonings to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Spread potatoes onto baking sheets, making sure they are in a single layer and not touching.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until they are crispy and beginning to brown.
For the Chili Ranch Fry Sauce
- Combine mayo and seasonings in a bowl. Combine well. Store in a mason jar or other tightly sealed container.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here
3 Comments on “Whole30 Baked Fries with Chili Ranch Fry Sauce (Whole30 Paleo)”
The flavor of these fries are easily just a good- if not better- than regular restaurant fries! Love it!
Estas papas fritas son tan buenas y deliciosas.
¡Te le recomiendo mucho!
I loved the dressing- especially with the fries! I was very surprised that I actually liked it because I’m a picky eater. Awesome recipe!