Whole30 Breakfast Hash (Gluten Free Paleo)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Whole30 Breakfast Hash (Gluten Free Paleo) – simple, nutritious, and perfect for make ahead meals – a great addition to your Whole30 menu! Throw this together with some eggs for a delicious meal any time of the day!
This Whole30 Breakfast Hash has been part of my Sunday meal prep routine for several weeks now. I started making it when my husband and I were completing a round of Whole30 and it’s been on rotation ever since. It’s an excellent choice for a make ahead breakfast or lunch option during the week or even a busy weeknight dinner, paired with some scrambled eggs.
The thing I love about Whole30 is that it teaches you to read labels. Even when not on the plan, I find myself checking ingredients on everything and choosing the cleanest products I can find. Finding Whole30 compliant sausage can be tricky as most major brands have added sugars and/or soy. Even the locally sourced sausage I purchased from a nearby farm had sugar as a listed ingredient. I discovered my favorite compliant sausage is Aidells brand Chicken & Apple Sausage, which can be found in most grocery stores.
Whole30 Breakfast Hash Variations
- Use any combination of potatoes – all sweet potatoes, all yellow potatoes, or whatever combo you have on hand
- Add other types of peppers or a jalapeno to spice it up!
- Make your own whole30 compliant sausage using this recipe with ground turkey.
- For easy prep, use pre-chopped peppers and onions that have been frozen (chop up your extra peppers before they go bad and throw in the freezer!)
- Top with a fried egg or eat as-is for an egg-free breakfast.
- Omit the sausage for a vegetarian version.
Whether you are a Whole30/Paleo follower or not, this is a versatile dish that can be made with whatever you have on hand. Feel free to use any combination of potatoes and peppers and your favorite ground sausage or meat. One week, I even used ground venison for something different and served it for dinner. Enjoy!
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links
Whole30 Breakfast Hash
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced, (about 2 cups)
- 3 small yukon gold potatoes, diced, (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 lb compliant sausage (or ground turkey)
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (any colors)
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss sweet potatoes, yellow potatoes, and olive oil together on the baking sheet, stirring to coat. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are tender and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage over medium high heat. In the final few minutes of cooking, add the peppers and onions to the pan, cooking until softened. Set aside.
- Combine cooked potatoes with sausage/pepper mixture. Serve immediately or cool and refrigerate.
*this post contains affiliate links
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here
6 Comments on “Whole30 Breakfast Hash (Gluten Free Paleo)”
I am on Day4 of the Whole30 diet, so perfect timing! 😀
Brittany – Yay!!! I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Yum!!! This looks so good! We would love to see it on WholeYum!
Thank you for making my Whole30 menu tastier!
You are so welcome! Thanks for the nice review!
Made for Mother’s Day gathering for 3 of us doing a Whole30. EVERYONE enjoyed it, raves about it & went back for more!