Instant Pot Shredded Chicken (Whole30 Paleo) – add this easy recipe to your Whole30 or Keto meal plan, it’s a lifesaver! Perfect for Meal Prep and make ahead meals. Includes 2 bonus chicken salad recipes!
Every week I make a huge batch of this easy shredded chicken in my Instant Pot. Whether you’re working on a round of Whole30, following a Keto diet, or just trying to survive a busy week, simple recipes like this one can make life a whole lot easier. One big batch covers lunches for the week with enough left over for a dinner of chicken soup too!
If you’re not familiar with the Instant Pot, here’s how it works…similar to a slow cooker, you dump in your ingredients, seal the lid, and push a button. It cooks with pressurized steam, so everything is done in a tiny fraction of the normal cooking time. Seriously so simple and no fuss! This recipe takes only 30 minutes! I love that I can make this during my weekly Meal Prep session and the Instant Pot does the work while I use my time to do other things like chop veggies, etc.
I am sharing my two favorite ways to use this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken for easy make ahead lunches – Curry Chicken Salad and Buffalo Chicken Salad. Both are Keto and Whole30 friendly and are so tasty and satisfying, I never tire of either one. For lunch most days, I typically pair a serving of one of these salads with some soup and call it good! I like to use Homemade Whole30 Mayo and Whole30 Ranch Dressing for these recipes, but these compliant versions by Primal Kitchens are also fantastic.
How to Make Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
My method for making shredded chicken in the Instant Pot is super simple and includes just chicken breast, liquid for steaming, and some flavor enhancers.
To make, place trimmed boneless skinless chicken breasts in the Instant Pot along with some celery stalks and minced garlic. The celery and garlic are purely for extra flavor and can be omitted if desired. Pour chicken broth over the chicken and seal the lid. Cook under pressure for 20 minutes and let the pressure release naturally when complete.
This recipe makes a large amount but can easily be cut in half if smaller portions are desired.
Pro tip: try using bone broth instead of regular chicken broth for an extra healthy gut boost!
Uses & Recipes for Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
Try this super popular Asian Chicken Chopped Salad
Make these Mason Jar Cobb Salads for easy grab-and-go lunches
Add to this Curried Broccoli Slaw for a healthy balanced meal
Make this Whole30 Rosemary Chicken Salad
Taco & Fajita night! Add this homemade seasoning blend and serve with your favorite toppings.
Freeze portions for future meals!
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken (Whole30 Paleo)
- 4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 cups chicken broth or bone broth
Curry Chicken Salad
- 2 heaping cups shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 tablespoons Homemade Whole30 mayo
- 1/4 cup finely diced apple
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 2 heaping cups shredded chicken
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (more or less to taste))
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced carrots
- homemade Whole30 Ranch dressing
For the Chicken:
- Trim any fat from chicken breasts. Add to the Instant Pot along with the celery and minced garlic. Pour broth over chicken. Seal the lid and set to Poultry. Or set for 20 minutes using the Manual function.
- When cycle is complete, allow for natural release of pressure. Remove chicken and shred using two forks.
For the Curry Chicken Salad:
- In a small bowl, combine mayo and curry powder. Stir well.
- Place remaining ingredients in a large bowl, top with curry mayo mixture and stir well to coat. Adjust seasonings if desired.
For the Buffalo Chicken Salad:
- Combine chicken, hot sauce, celery, and carrots in a large bowl. Stir well. Serve with a generous amount of Whole30 Ranch Dressing and additional hot sauce if desired.
*This post contains affiliate links, for which I may receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting my blog!