Copycat Amy's Brand Vegan Quinoa & Black Bean Burritos
Copycat Amy's Brand Vegan Quinoa & Black Bean Burritos - make ahead, freezable vegan burritos that are budget friendly and taste just kike the original!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 cup heaping cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup peeled and finely diced Yukon gold potatoes about 3 small potatoes
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper I used yellow and orange peppers
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning see below or store bought
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped spinach fresh or frozen
- 1 can (15 oz.) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz.) low sodium black beans
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 6 Gluten Free Wraps choose a vegan friendly brand if desired
Cook quinoa according to directions. Set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add onion, peppers, and potatoes and cook 5 minutes until veggies begin to soften. Stir in garlic, taco seasoning, tomato sauce, spinach, and black beans. Simmer for 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in cilantro, lime juice, and quinoa. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
When mixture is slightly cooled, place a generous amount in the center of each wrap and roll like a burrito. Place seam side down on a baking sheet and place in freezer until frozen through.
Frozen burritos can be wrapped individually or stored in a large freezer bag. To heat, remove frozen burrito and microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, rotating throughout cooking.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 648mg | Potassium: 501mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1255IU | Vitamin C: 40.8mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 3mg