Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore (Whole30, Paleo)
Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore (Whole30, Paleo) - a delicious and hearty meal, full of tender chicken, bell peppers, and a rich sauce. Made super easy in the Instant Pot for a fast family meal on the table in under 20 minutes.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into large chunks chicken breast would work too
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips (I used one green and one red)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon homemade italian seasoning (or store bought) see recipe below
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Remove excess fat from chicken thighs and cut into large chunks.
Place crushed tomatoes, garlic, italian seasoning, and salt into the Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
Add peppers, onion, and chicken to the pot. Stir.
Seal lid and set Manual setting for 10 minutes. When cycle is complete, allow natural release of pressure.
Serve over rice, spaghetti squash, or pasta.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 711mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1895IU | Vitamin C: 78.5mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1.5mg