Pumpkin Oat Waffles
Servings: 6 large waffles
- 2 cups oat flour such as Bob's Red Mill Oat Flour or make your own
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons homemade (or store bought pumpkin pie spice - see recipe in notes below
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of your choice
- 3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
Preheat a waffle iron. In a large bowl, combine oat flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, coconut oil, and pumpkin until smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until moistened.
Let batter sit for 3-4 minutes. Spray preheated waffle iron with nonstick spray. Pour about 1/2 cup batter onto waffle iron, close, and cook until waffle is crispy and lightly browned.
To freeze, let waffles cool and wrap individually. Place in a plastic freezer bag. Frozen waffles can popped in the toaster when ready to eat.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend:
4 1/2 Tablespoons cinnamon
3 teaspoons ground ginger
3 teaspoons ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons ground allspice
2 teaspoons ground cloves
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 290mg | Potassium: 423mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3296IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 176mg | Iron: 2mg