Paleo Cashew Chicken (Gluten Free)
Paleo Cashew Chicken (Gluten Free) - a nutritious and tasty, lightened-up takeout meal, ready in only 20 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 12 oz bag fresh stir fry vegetables
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted cashews
For the Sauce:
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos (or lite soy sauce for non-Paleo)
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (or cornstarch for non-Paleo)
Make the sauce by combining all ingredients in a bowl or glass measuring cup. Whisk well and set aside. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and saute for 3 minutes, until chicken starts to brown.
Add red bell pepper and stir fry vegetables to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften slightly.
Add sauce and cashews to the skillet and stir until sauce begins to thicken, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve over cauliflower rice, brown rice, or noodles.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 421mg | Potassium: 514mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3525IU | Vitamin C: 32.3mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1.6mg