Rainbow Veggie "Rice"
Rainbow Veggie "Rice" (Whole30 Paleo) - this colorful and tasty side is full of nutrition, Whole30 friendly, and kid approved. Paired with your favorite protein, it's a great way to get your daily dose of veggies!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 2 cups finely chopped cauliflower
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- coconut aminos (optional), for seasoning
- nutritional yeast (optional), for seasoning
Finely chop all the veggies. For the broccoil and cauliflower, it's easiest to use a food processor.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add carrots and onion and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add peppers and garlic, continuing to cook and stir for another 1-2 minutes.
Add the broccoli and cauliflower and cook for 2 minutes, or until all the veggies have softened slightly but are not mushy.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Coconut aminos and/or nutritional yeast can also be added for additional flavor.
Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 433mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4415IU | Vitamin C: 117.2mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 0.7mg