Greek Wedge Salad Recipe (Keto)
Greek Wedge Salad Recipe with Tzatziki Sauce (Keto) - a simple wedge salad with classic Greek flavors - refreshing, crunchy, and super satisfying! Keto friendly with Whole30 option.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce outer leaves removed
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumbers
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese omit for Whole30
- Favorite salad dressing or tzatziki sauce optional, see recipe below
Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 large English cucumber
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed
Remove any large outer leaves from the head of lettuce. and cut off the core bottom. Cut the lettuce into four equal sections.
Place individual lettuce wedges onto serving plates and top with equal amounts of the tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and feta cheese.
Drizzle Tzatziki Sauce (or other favorite dressing) over each wedge if desired.
Grate the cucumber and let it drain through a mesh strainer for 10-15 minutes, pressing out any liquid.
Combine the yogurt, garlic, oil, vinegar, and salt. Stir well.
Stir in the grated cucumber and dill. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For Whole30, omit the feta cheese and use a compliant dressing or modify the tzatziki sauce recipe by substituting Homemade Avocado Oil Mayo for the yogurt, thinned with a little bit of coconut or almond milk.
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 689mg | Potassium: 346mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 851IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 1mg