Instant Pot Gumbo with Shrimp and Chicken (Whole30 Paleo Keto)
Instant Pot Gumbo with Shrimp and Chicken (Whole30 Paleo Keto) - classic flavors come through in this simple carb free Instant Pot Gumbo Recipe! Whole30 and Keto friendly!
Servings: 7 cups
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 large bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cajun seasoning see homemade recipe below (adjust to taste)
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb raw deveined tailless shrimp
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
Turn on the Saute function on your Instant Pot. Add the oil to the pot.
Add the onion and celery to the Pot, cooking and stirring for 4-5 minutes, until beginning to soften. Turn off the Saute function.
Add the bell pepper, garlic, seasoning, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, chicken breast, and salt in the Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
Seal the lid and cook on Manual setting for 10 minutes. When cycle is complete, quick release the pressure.
Press the Saute button. Stir in the shrimp and cauliflower rice.
Simmer for 5 minutes until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 205mg | Sodium: 1219mg | Potassium: 908mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1775IU | Vitamin C: 75mg | Calcium: 151mg | Iron: 3mg