Healthy muffins at their finest…these Zucchini Applesauce Muffins are guilt free and full of all natural ingredients. By now, you may have noticed I love muffins. I especially love making them for my family as a grab-and-go breakfast option. Well, this recipe was a huge success because these muffins went fast. And at under 170 calories each, it’s a definite winner.
These muffins are full of zucchini and applesauce, making them extra moist and dense. I made these using coconut sugar and oat flour, which are my favorite go-to healthier ingredients for baked goods recipes. I love adding chocolate chips to my muffins because they add just the right amount of sweetness, without too much guilt. Also, the kids will eat just about anything if it includes a couple of chocolate chips. 🙂
I can’t wait for the zucchini in my garden to take over, because I will be making some big batches of these muffins!
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar I prefer Madhava brand
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup oat flour see note below
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 medium zucchini, grated (approx. 1 3/4 cups )
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, and applesauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine oat flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins and bake for 22-24 minutes. Cool slightly and remove muffins from pan.