Instant Pot Shredded Mexican Beef (Whole30 Paleo)
Instant Pot Shredded Mexican Beef (Whole30 Paleo) - this recipe is huge on flavor and super family friendly! Add to tacos, salads, burrito bowls, and more. Freezes great too!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time1 hr 10 mins
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 8 cups
- 3-4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 7 ounce can diced green chilis
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo add more or less depending on desired spice level (see note for Whole30)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce see note below
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco and fajita seasoning see recipe below
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
Trim fat off roast and cut into large chunks. Heat oil in the Instant pot on the Saute setting.
Add meat to the Pot and brown for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally.
Place chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, tomato paste, garlic, lime juice, taco seasoning, and broth in a blender or food processor. Blend until pureed.
Add onions and green chilis to the Pot with the beef. Pour blended sauce over top. Seal lid and set for 50 minutes on Manual setting.
When cycle is complete, allow pot to depressurize naturally for about 15 minutes. Remove lid and switch to Saute setting. Shred the beef.
SImmer on Saute setting until liquids are reduced (about 20 minutes)
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 698mg | Potassium: 706mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 7.7mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 3.8mg