Mint Chocolate Chip Energy Bars (Paleo) – these homemade Larabars are gluten free and made with only clean ingredients.
For a quick energy boosting snack or a sweet craving fix, Larabars are a fantastic nutritious choice. Made with only dates, fruit, and nuts, they are naturally gluten free and a nice treat for a clean eating lifestyle.
I’ve been hooked for a while, and by far, my favorite flavor is the Mint Chocolate Brownie. Duh, of course the more decadent chocolate version! Because they’re made with so few (and only pure, non-processed) ingredients, Larabars are fairly simple to recreate at home. This recipe is made entirely in the food processor and couldn’t be easier! For fun, you could play around with the ingredients to replicate your own favorite Larabar flavor.
Try these delicious bars as a pre/post workout snack, grab-and-go breakfast, or when you need a guilt-free sweet fix.
- 1 cup pitted dates (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup almonds and cashews (about 1/2 cup each)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 drops peppermint oil
- 1/2-1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place dates, nuts, cocoa, vanilla, and peppermint oil in the bowl of a food processor. Process until dates and nuts are finely ground.
- If needed, slowly add hot water until mixture begins to come together (paste-like.)
- Add chocolate chips and pulse a few times.
- Press mixture into an 8 x 8 pan lined with parchment paper. Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, lift parchment out of pan, and cut into bars. Store bars in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.