Peanut Butter Banana Blondies – a naturally sweetened snack bar, full of bananas, peanut butter, and dark chocolate. Perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast or snack!
Kids and adults alike will go crazy for these Peanut Butter Banana Blondies. Who doesn’t love the combo of peanut butter, bananas, and chocolate?? This is the perfect snack for after school or anytime you need a little sweet fix.
With no added refined sugar or butter/oil, you can feel a little less guilty about enjoying these sweet treats. Honey (raw unfiltered is best) and bananas do all the sweetening, and the peanut butter and chocolate chips do what they do best…come together in pure yumminess.
Tips for Making Peanut Butter Banana Blondies
- For a gluten free version, try Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour as a substitute for the white whole wheat flour.
- Consider adding or substituting craisins, walnuts, or blueberries for the chocolate chips.
- Pure maple syrup or other natural sweeteners can be substituted for the honey.
Peanut Butter Banana Blondies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour I like King Arthur brand
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Microwave peanut butter in a large bowl until melty, about 30 seconds. Stir in honey and mashed bananas.
- Add beaten egg and stir until combined well.
- Stir in flour and baking soda. Fold in chocolate chips and spread into a lightly greased 8X8 baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes.