Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken – only 5 ingredients needed for this simple and flavorful meal that the whole family will love!
Chicken tacos are always a family favorite, so this super simple recipe has become a regular in our rotation. I love that it only requires five ingredients and still packs a huge punch of flavor. The chicken comes out so tender and juicy and is perfect in tacos, burritos, salad, and chili.
This is a great addition to Meal Prep Sunday as it keeps well and can be used for several meals/lunches throughout the week. I make in the Instant Pot (my favorite kitchen appliance ever!!) but the slow cooker would work great too.
This is the perfect recipe when you need an easy and fast meal idea that literally requires no prep or work on your part! Any jarred or homemade salsa verde will work here (I like this one from Thrive Market because it doesn’t contain any high fructose corn syrup.) And if you prefer dark meat, chicken thighs could be substituted. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde (tomatillo salsa)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chicken breasts in Instant Pot. Sprinkle with garlic and cumin. Pour salsa over chicken.
- Lock lid and set to Poultry. When cycle is compete, perform quick release or allow for slow release. Remove chicken, shred, and return to sauce. Stir in chopped cilantro. Serve with tortillas or over lettuce, and add desired toppings (avocado, cheese, tomatoes, cilantro, etc.)