How to Make a Thanksgiving Turkey Veggie Tray – bring some fun to your Thanksgiving relish platter with these cute turkey veggie trays!
Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. I love getting together with my extended family, preparing a huge meal, and of course EATING all the food! I love that it is a day about nothing more than being grateful and spending quality time with all your special people. With all the Christmas hoopla beginning earlier and earlier every year, it seems that Thanksgiving gets a little lost. In our family, Thanksgiving is a big deal. Of course we go all out on the food, but the family time is even better. Games are always involved and Thanksgiving Eve festivities are legendary!
If you’ve been assigned to bring the Thanksgiving relish tray to your gathering this year, why not get creative and make one of these adorable turkey veggie trays! They are a fun way to be festive with a boring old veggie tray. Get the kids involved too…they will have fun making AND eating these cute birds. I’ve included two different versions but feel free to get creative with your own designs!
How to Make a Turkey Veggie Tray
Using these pictures as a guide, arrange various cut veggies and relishes into a turkey shape.
Feel free to use different veggies, varieties, and colors as desired.
How to Make a Thanksgiving Turkey Veggie Platter
- carrots, peeled and cut in sticks
- celery sticks, cut into sticks
- mini dill or sweet pickle halves
- black or green olives
- cherry tomatoes
- bell pepper, cut into strips (use 1 or 2 different colors)
- celery stalk leaf (for turkey's tail)
- English cucumber, cut into coins
- leaf lettuce
- Arrange vegetables as shown in the picture(s).
- First picture: For the turkey's head, use a large pickle half and bell pepper. Cut a small piece of olive for the eye, cucumber for the beak, red pepper for the talon, and carrots for the legs/feet.
- Second picture: For the turkey's face, cut the bottom off a bell pepper. Add olives for eyes, a triangle pepper for the beak, and celery for the legs/feet.